Ladakh – Summer Special
(07 day(s) / 06 night(s)) | Tour Company : Tour.Red Sales | 11 tours listed.
Tour Price Starting : INR - 37999Places Covered: Leh | Nubra Valley Tour Type: Adventure | All-inclusive | Camping / Mountain / Climbing | Family | Group | Mountain / Hill Station | Trekking
Tour Summary :Experience the magic of Ladakh! Visit its serene monasteries, drive along the Indus River and conquer the highest mountain passes in the world. You will also visit an ancient palace and the gravity-defying Magnetic Hill. A trip to the Nubra Valley is a trekker’s inevitable halt and a day at the beautiful Pangong Lake is like icing on the cake.
Tour itinerary :
Day 1 - Arrive at LehFly to Leh. Our representative will assist you at the Airport on arrival. Get aboard the waiting vehicle and transfer to hotel. Check-in at the hotel. Today the complete day is for rest and leisure to get you acclimatized. In the evening visit Leh Market & Shanti Stupa. Dinner and overnight stay at the Hotel
Day 2 - Leh - Full Day Excursion
Post breakfast we drive towards Kargil road and start our sightseeing with Hall of Fame near Leh, which is worth a visit for every citizen. It is a museum constructed by the Indian army. Next visit Kali Mata Temple and Spituk Gompa of Ladakh which dates back to the 11th century.
A three-chapel monastery, Spituk is located at a distance of approximately 8 km from the town of Leh. Gurudwara Patthar Sahib - nestled deep in the Himalayas, was built by the Lamas of Leh in 1517 to commemorate the visit of Guru Nanak Dev.
A drive of another 4 km takes us to Magnetic Hill which defies the law of gravity. It has been noticed that when a vehicle is parked on neutral gear on this metallic road the vehicle slides up further. Driving through a picturesque landscape we reach the confluence of the Indus and Zanskar rivers, 4 km before Nimmu village.
Return to the hotel, savour dinner and stay overnight at the Hotel.
Day 3 - Leh to Nubra Valley (125 Kms / aprx. 06 hrs)
After an early breakfast we drive to NUBRA VALLEY, through KHARDUNG-LA the highest motorable road in the world at 18,390 ft, around 39kms from Leh. Nubra Valley is popularly known as Ldorma or the valley of flowers. It is situated to the North of Ladakh between the Karakoram and Ladakh range of Himalayas.
In the afternoon visit Hunder Monastery. Hunder is one of the remote villages in the Ladakh district of India's northernmost State of Jammu and Kashmir. Lying close to the border between India and Pakistan in the north-western part of Ladakh, the village of Hunder comprises settlers that include Ladakhis and Tibetans. You can visit the SAND DUNES here to enjoy a camel safari (Optional on direct payment basis).
Overnight stay at Nubra.
Day 4 - Nubra Valley to LehAfter breakfast at the camp, visit Diskit Monastery en route to Leh. The Diskit Gompa of Leh Ladakh dates back to the 14th century and owes its inception to Changzem Tserab Zangpo, a disciple of Tsong-kha-pa. At the heart of Diskit Monastery is an elevated cupola, which stands adorned with a beautiful fresco that illustrates the Tashilhunpo Gompa of Tibet. There are a number of shrines inside the monastery's complex, like Kangyu-lang, Tsangyu-lang, etc. Also, hundreds of Mongolian and Tibetan texts have found their storehouse inside these temples. Diskit Gompa has quite an interesting legend attached to it. It is believed that a Mongol demon once lived here and was considered to be a sworn enemy of Buddhism. Afternoon rest and relax or take a walk to the local market. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 5 - Leh - Excursion to Pangong Lake 14,000 Ft.After an early breakfast we leave for Pangong Lake through Changla pass at 5380 mtrs. Pangong Lake, situated at 14,000 feet (4,267 m) is a long narrow basin of inland drainage, hardly six to seven kilometer at its widest point and over 130km long, it is bisected by the international border between India and China. A few years back the government decided to open it to tourists, though the lake and its surrounding area is under army surveillance. Hot lunch will be served at Pangong. After spending some time at Pangong drive back to LEH hotel for overnight stay.
Day 6 - Leh
After an early breakfast we leave for Shey Palace. This is the ancient capital of Ladakh & Thiksey an impressive complex rising tier upon tier on a hill above the village. Also visit Hemis monastery. Overnight at hotel.
Day 7 - Depart Leh (Fly Out)
Early morning, transfer to the airport. Depart from Leh to Delhi by flight. Upon arrival in Delhi, guests booked from other cities will remain in transit to board their onward connecting flights.
Tour Inclusions :
- Return airfare with taxes in economy class.
- Assistance upon arrival / departure at Airport.
- 05 Nights accommodation on twin sharing Basis at Leh.
- 01 Night accommodation on twin sharing Basis at Nubra.
- Excursion to Pangong.
- 06 Breakfast & Dinners.
- Transportation and sightseeing by Non-AC Xylo / Scorpio or similar (vehicle on sharing basis).
- Local guide for sightseeing as per the program.
- Accompanying Tour Escort.
- 01Bottle of packaged drinking water every day.
- Oxygen cylinder for a group.
- A smartphone-based personal audio tour guide.
- Travel insurance for the trip.
Tour exclusions :
- 3.625% Government service tax extra.
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- Monument & Museum Entrance Fees for the sights mentioned in the Itinerary.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices included”.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls
- The Services of Vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the Itinerary
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- Camera fee, Soft or Hard drinks, Starters.
- Medical & Travel insurance
- Additional costs due to flight cancellation, road blocks etc. Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.